Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What time is it...Summer time!!

According to Danish people we are in summer..YEAH RIGHT!! I seem to keep missing this wonderful sunshine and warmth that they keep going on about. So far my summer has consisted of a couple of really nice hot days and about 30 overcast, rain, heavy wind days. Good thing I didnt come over for the weather!

My summer holidays are going awesome heaps of travelling happening and people coming to see me in the bro which always makes me happy. Last weekend I was invaded by two aussie girls which was fun because we got to head into town. Got about 2 hours sleep and then the next day I had to run a beach marathon. I use marathon very loosely it was a marathon but there was also a 5km run you could enter so I entered that. It was was still a mission because it was on the beach and this is the main fact it was about 7 degrees!! yeah so before you say o what 5km's easy! try running on beach in cold condidtions and also real poor fitness level. The best part was that we all got a medal at the end of it hooray!

I then headed over to England for a couple of days to stay with family friends. I cant explain how exciting it was to hear English again and be able to speak and have people understand me and just to see English!! Was very exciting. Had a real fun time over in England shopping and of course sightseaing and also catching up with my friend Tesha who lives in England for the year working. Together we went and saw Lion King which was brill the costumes were fantastic. We ran into some trouble riding the underground and trains because I was doing it without a ticket on my last day mainly because I may or may not have spent all my money on clothes... I mean tourist attractions!! So yes had to pay a couple of pounds maybe 30 to be exact but the main thing was that I got home!



Am heading to København today to see a New Zealand band play and then my family comes over tommorow to do the sightseaing things with me. It should be fun especially becasue my host bro Rasmus is home from America. He's pretty cool but has a bit of an American accent but I am willing to look past that.

I have to finish packing actually!

O yes I dreamed in Danish the other night! Unfortuantly it was only a sentance but that has to count for something ay??

Hope the weathers not to lame!!

Love Megz

No comments: