Friday, October 31, 2008

Epic last couple of months

Alright so the last month has gone by a little to fast its a bit scary so I will just give a quick update to let everyone out there know I’m still alive and breathing.

I started the month in my new house which we all know about and the family is still going great, really feel like home here in my shire!!. I get on really well with everyone except milly..the cat. Maybe its because I have never been around cats before but she always comes and jumps on me and starts attacking me. Apart from that everything is smashing and I love living there.

I went to my councillors family weekend gathering. This is where all the brothers, sons, grandkids get together for a weekend of competitions and just all be together. I went on the Saturday because I had my school party on the Friday. The school party alone was an experience.
The weekend was really fun though just hanging out with the grandkids and taking part. Janus my councillors son was there and hes really awesome to talk to and he showed me how to saber a champagne bottle which I personally think is one the most important things you can learn to do haha. I got to look around the oldest town in Danmark and it was very cute but I like Holstebro best.

Madrid happened in the middle of the month and WOW. Class trips over here are very very different! It was a fantastic week though bonding with my class. Louise (My really good Dansk friend) and I were just laughing the whole time. I brought heaps because hey your only in Spain once arnt ya! The teachers were really relaxed and we would sightsee in the morning and then be free by lunch time. We also got our lunch and dinner money given to us so we had to look after ourselves. I saw many art museums and also a bull fighting arena and the best part! The real Madrid football stadium. Coming home was hard because in total it was about 12 hours all up travelling when you count the waiting around at the airport, flying, catching the train home. Everyone was very tired and most of the class was hung over on the journey home but was still a great trip!

I also headed to KBH for Elyse's 19th birthday. I surprised her in bed and jumped on her and gave her my presents to her. I wasn’t able to stay with her though so I stayed the weekend and my friend Tim's house. He lives in Hillerød, which is a town near KBH. It was a nice weekend being back "Home" because I go to Amager (that is where Elyse lives) so much I call it my 2nd home.

Last weekend I had my LAST EVER ROTARY GET TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was where all the 156 exchange students living in Danmark got together for the weekend in Holbæk which is about 4 hours away. It was held by the Rotex exchange students so was very relaxed. We mostly just all hung out and catched up with everyone. There was so many Newbies- the people that arrived in summer I am called an Oldie. It was the last time the Winter Team will see everyone all together. Needless to say no sleep was had because you have to make the most of these opportunities! We carved pumpkins also because it was a Halloween Themed. On the last night we had a big party and all had to dress up. We also had performances and Ange and I performed the haka for the very last time. I made heaps of new friends from all over the world again, slept for about 4 hours the whole weekend, danced on the tables, did the haka in shorts for once! and the main thing lost my voice! Am only just getting it back now.

I only have about 10 weekends left so as you can imagine its all systems go!! I can rest when I get home!!

Its getting COLD 5 degrees yesterday and I was wearing sandals

Hope everyone’s great
Love
Megz

No comments: