Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I just spent 2 months in a rainy country!


NZ'ers repping it in an Australian bar- Corey is with the evil enemy AFS but we can forgive him



I'm pretty much Swedish as well as Danish now




Street photo of KBH- note no posing, i feel so old!


Elyse and I with Cobenhagen (KBH) in the backround

Today is my 2 month anniversary!! It is amazing to think that I have been in Danmark for 2 months allready. The scary thing is there is only 10 months to go but I am not thinking about that. 2 months ago me and Ange stepped off the plane at 5:30 to complete darkness and it was freezing cold, today at 5:30 it was bright and sunny but still cold but I have gotten used to it and can now wear a "light" jacket.

I have also gotten used to cycling on the right hand side of the road and cyling in high heel boots. Although the other day I was involved in a 3 bike pile up one of the many perks of cycling in Danmark, I was stuck in the middle and it just so happened to me who was throwen off the bike and it just had to be the day I was wearing shorts!

I am also getting used to catching the trains, I now longer don't get lost and also don't leave mobile phones behind. They can be very expensive though and also run late. For example on Friday I caught the train to Cobenhagen (capital of Danmark) my train was late into vejle where I was supposed to change trains so I actaully missed my connecting train! Luckily Ange waited for me so we just waited for another hour and then boarded our train. The same thing happend coming back on monday though and this time it was dark and cold and I had no Ange! This meant I got back to the bro 2 hours later then planned but I did have a whole train carriage to myself so I did dance up and down the aisles as you do!

I had a really awesome weekend in Cobenhagen. Ange and I stayed with Elyse and her host family is so nice!! They really welcomed us into their family. We went out into town on Friday night we told the boys that we would be there at 10 and we didnt get there till 1130 I had to keep making up excuses as they kept ringing us, so I was telling them of course we were on the train but really we were just taking more photos. Town was good we went into this Australian bar and New Zealand was playing cricket on the Tv so we "watched" that for a bit.

Saturday we went into town and looked around and I actually took some scenic photos, I feel so growen up!!

On Sunday we went across the bridge to Sweden! it only takes 25 minutes on the train from where we were staying so easy to travel internationaly. Sweden was really nice and different to Danmark and it was good to catch up with Julia and Alana (NZ girls) we had a look around Sweden and also shopped on a Sunday- In danmark shops close as 1:30 Saurdays and are closed on Sundays its very sad!! It was really awesome to catch up with Julia and swap stories becasue it is not that far away (well 4 and a half hours by train but hey whos counting!) I hope to go and see her again. We came home from Sweden and we were so sleep deprived mainly from Saturday night that we all fall asleep on the couch. It was so nice to lounge!! I made the most of hanging on the couches.
Was really fantastic to see Elyse and Ange again and spend time with them. Her host family described me as the crazy New Zelander funny that I seem to be getting that alot. They also said that my parents should send money to my Danish family to say they know what it feels like to live with me, now I'm not that bad am I!

Well I better head to bed, It's easter holidays over here but with family breakfasts it means I have to be up at 9am. My family is only speaking Dansk to me from now on, I have told them to do this because I really want to be able to speak more. I now speak Danglish a mixture of English and Danish words.
Hope New Zealand is getting nice and cold!!!

Vi Ses
Hej Hej!

Megz





1 comment:

Wilm said...

Hi Megan!

Nah, you aren't a crazy Kiwi, you're a crazy Porter! Big difference!

Glad that you are having a good time.

Keep up the biking - Aidan will give you a race when you get back to NZ.

The kids say HI!

Cheers, Wilm