Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Longest 4 days of my life

So I am finally in Denmark! its very cold and gets dark very early and I keep forgetting that I am actually in Denmark till I go outside and then it hits me as well as the coldness.
So to quickly fill you in on the past week. On Monday night after my last post in America a group of us decide we should pull an all nighter, so we stay awake swapping stories playing games the usual and then all 7 of us hop on the double bed and I say we should spoon to take up less room by this stage we lost 3 people so it was only a 5 person spoon. Around 4:30am I decide to go to my room and to try and grab a couple of hours sleep for the big day at Universal Studios. Me and my roommate get rudely awaken at what feels like the crack of dawn but I think it was 750 to be told that breakfast closes at 8 so we had to rush downstairs and I nearly threw up at the smell of it. I dont think americans know breakfast is the most important meal of the day because they heap their food with so much fat.
I actually found Universal Studios to be not that great, the rides were okay but I thought I was going to get to watch televison programs being filmed maybe even get to kiss orlando bloom- okay I wasnt expecting that. I managed to get some good photos though which I will put on here when I actually figure out how to do so. I was so tired on the bus home from the day and the nearly all nighter that I was asleep for most of the trip but I woke up in time to pass hooters.
the next morning was suposed to be disneyland!!!! however I woke up feeling funny and when I was waiting for the lifts I blacked out and also had the mega headache so I stayed home and slept. Word came back to me that the tea cups were broken so I can safely say im happy that I didnt go.
Thursday was flight day so we were finally leaving la hooray!! unfortuantly I was still feeling like crap BUT still smiling as I am hard..most of the time. The plane ride was quite squished even for the lil people. It was on the plane that I started to get more sick, now the porter family moto is take a hard pill but its hard to take hard pills on the plane dad! they even played hairspray but I couldnt even watch it because I felt too bad. My 4 hour stopover in germany went fast mainily becasue I was sleeping for all of it. I did like germany though I found it very nice and cold and the toilets were normal unlike the usa.
When my plane finally touched down in Billund pronounced ballon the first thing I had to do was run to the toilet and throw up, so not excatly the best arrival to denmark but hey i like to make an entrance. Icame out of the gate and meet my host families and councellor looking and feeling like crap but I did it with a smile.
I am finally feeling better and have been out and about today around holstebro, I start school on friday woah!
hope everyone isnt getting to burnt!
lots of love
megz

No comments: