Monday, January 28, 2008

2 JAFFAS AT HOLSTEBRO GYMNASIUM

I had my first day at school today, like normal I was a lil bit nervous and worried about what to expect bearing in mind I had no idea what subjects I was even going to be learning.
I am at my new family now and their house is awesome but more about that later, part of the family life is that they all have breakfast together...at 7am. This rule applies to weekends as well but the time in 930. Now I am not a morning person, Im used to having my breakfast by myself whilst rushing around getting ready so its a tad werid to sit down all together and to have to talk at that early hour of the morning.
Now my timetable is weird I can start at different times and finish at different times so each day is different. To my joy I got to start at 940 today because my class does spanish and I dont have to do that. Teenagers in Denmark dress very nice for school so I thought I better step up my act the fact that my 15 year old host sis looks older me and dresses older then me is a bit sad. So for my first day of school i was wearing my tight skinny jeans with boots, kiwi top, jacket, coat and scarf. Now I have come a long way from what I usually wear to school in winter and that is trackies and hoodie, the fact that girls dont wear trackies to school over here is sad but Im going to find a way to wear them.
I arrive at my school and get greeted my 2 nice friendly girls who are my "guides" and are in my class and this is where I learn that there is another JAFFA and my school, its a little sad because it doesnt make me unique I guess but im sure im more maori then her so I can pride myself on that. I also finally get told what subjects I'll be learning for half a year. These are....
Danish
Geography
Ancient History
German....gna be interesting
English!!
Religion...hmm
Biology
History
Sport
I only have Sport once a week so thats sad but secretly Im happy becasue it means that I only have to shower..with the girls after sport once a week. I have Sport this Friday so Im counting down the days untill I have to shower with the girls.
So today I was actually only at school for one lesson and that was Danish and we watched a nice Danish film..all in Danish no english subtitles but I kind of understood bits of it and then after Danish we were all free to go home!! how awesome is that so I was home before 12 and then tommorw I will be home at 1. I only have 2 or 3 subjects each day and lessons often get cancelled its very nice.

Onto my family, they are very nice people but I need to learn Danish because they speak it to each other and I get left behind so I find myself staring at my plate and also tryign to follow the convo. The house is huge! 3 storeys I am in the basement were sebastian and caroline also live. The house doesnt have a lounge though so I miss lounging on a couch, well they have couches but just randomly around the house and I dont like spending to much time in my room. O and all the kids have to take turns cooking, but there isnt a schedule so I duno when Im supposed to cook.

I better go now, Im going to cycle on my awesome as bike! its so cool its real old school but yeah Im cycling to the shops to get some kai because as I found out this morning there isnt really any snacky foods so packing my lunch was very hard and they only have black bread (danish bread they all love it)
Hope everyone is having fun in the sun while im turning into a human ice cube!!!
Lots of Love
Megz

2 comments:

Marki boi said...

Ahhh sounds like your having a blast in Denmark. Your learning religon? that doesnt sound like you...learn something more interesting...
Lol im gonna get smited from blasphemy from saying that.
ooo post a photo of that 15 year old if shes really hot and if you can from your danish school (lol if your tricky enough from the shower room, be creative *wink wink*)

anywho im not a morning person as well so i feel your pain but do not fear your gonna get used to it. Keep blogging i laugh at your stories..

The geographly confused asian.
Mark :D

P.S you made me create an account so you owe me.

domestic god said...

Your godmother will be sooo impressed you are studying religion - keep up the good work.