Monday, February 4, 2008

I think school is really cool..itsa lot of fun..cos everyday we learn and we play..school is number one!

Haha okay school isnt that great but it is still pretty awesome! apart from that for most of the day I am mega conused and cannot understand anything unless Im spoken to in English. My danish is slowly increasing I have learnt the major things to say e.g Hvor er Baren aka Where is the Bar!

My class is very nice I smile at them and they smile back, I have made a group of friends ish they look out for me and show me where my classes are they also laugh at my Danish and my Danish translator book. I sit with them at lunch, lunchtime is fully different over here compared to what I am used to. We all sit down at big tables at the start of the year you choose your table and thats your table for the year and the lunch area is based in the middle of the school and the 2nd and 3rd years all sit together and the first years are scattered around the school. For those of you playing at home I am a 2nd year student. The school is all inside and is actually one building with corridors that split off so the classes can fit in. Class is different over here as well, everyone goes on their laptops and all the boys just play computer games the school also has wireless so thats awesome!!

Now the main way for me to get to school is to ride my awesomely cool bike!! So i decide on my 2nd day at school to ride to school, luckily I had a late start again. So i set off at 9am thinking that leaves me 50 mins to get to school I shall be sweet as! untill for some reason I take a wrong turn (the first of very many!!) and have to get out my map and realise I'm heading in the wrong direction so I backtrack untill I get to familar ground. I then start heading onto this massive road where there is a sign which has a bike and a huge cross through it but I figure I should be okay and I bike quickly untill I can get to the bike lane again and its is here where I miss my turn off. So I keep headign up and up and then i realise that I must of missed my turn so I head all the way back down the road untill I see my turn off and then I finally get to school half an hour late for my lesson.

The 2nd day I leave the house at 7am...and its pitch black outside and freezing as! So Im feeling confident this time thinking I know the way to go, untill I end up in the city instead of school. That was alright though because I knew my way from the city to school. So i got to school on time and ready for ENGLISH!!! the only subject that I can actually listen and pay attention. SoI rock up to my class and get told we doing Romeo and Juliet now for the first time I actually understood Shakespear! it was amazing. I then get up and talk about NZ to fill in time and drew this retarded as map but I managed to get my point across and fill them all in. I got the typical question about is it true that there is more sheep then people. They also know nothing of the Maoris so I quickly filled them in because I am fully Maori thanks to dad.

I know have my route figured out and it takes me 25 minutes to bike to school so thats not to bad. We had a very big storm on thursday and biking home was a mission! mainly because I had the wind coming the same way as I was biking. On thursday it also snowed BUT I was in a very boring as Rotary meeting where we had to sing! and there was no food to distract me.

On friday I headed down to Silkeborg for Dianas birthday and had the awesomest as weekend down there finally getting out on the town! I have figured out that the danes are quite formal they introduce themselves when they arrive by going around the room shaking everyones hands and saying there name and when you have meet them more then once you might be lucky to get a hug. On friday night Diana and I went to her cafe where she works, when she suggested that we go I was like umm why are we going to a cafe thats a little weird however cafes over here are so awesome!! that is mainly due to the fact you can buy alcohol!! So we sit down and have some very nice cocktails and I meet some of her friends.

The next day it was her birthday so we had a big brunch were I met more of her friends and then Diana and I went shopping. The most coolest thing happened when we were shopping..IT SNOWED!!! and then back at her house it was snowing hard out so I ran outside and took lots of photos. Later that night we went into town to go to the "Discos" and I was lucky enough to get into one by sneaking past the bouncer but then I went outside and couldnt get back in so I was sepearted from the group, freezing cold and to top it all off lost in Silkeborg! But I got myself sorted out and got home around 3 so was a pretty good night.

Caught the train home on Sunday back to "The Bro". My host dad wasnt there to pick me up so I was waitign around freezing for half and hour until he came. After spending a weekend in a house with a lounge reminded me of how much I miss it! but Im slowly getting used to having no lounge. I also found some nuts so I can snack on them, they not as nice as biscuits but they do the trick.

Im hoping it will snow of my birthday so will save my snow dance till them! Its still freezing over here but am loving every single second of it!

Have fun in the sun
Love Megz

No comments: